- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
News By Category
Empire Life Simple Quote now available for the iPhonePosted in Empire Life, Software · · (permalink)
Empire Life is working hard to simplify your work life and create innovative products and easy to use tools.
Empire Life is pleased to announce the release of SimpleQuotes for the iPhone. SimpleQuote is smart enough to provide fast, easy to understand illustrations for the Solution Series of products anytime, anywhere without an Internet connection. SimpleQuote will show you the issue premium, renewal premiums, and underwriting requirements right on your iPhone.
Since being launched on the iPad, the SimpleQuote System has had astounding success:
- Ranked # 1 among top life insurance iPad apps, including apps from major brands across North America and Internationally.
- Ranked # 5 on the Top 10 “What’s Hot!” list on iTunes for financial apps.
Want to learn more about SimpleQuote for the iPhone?
Check out this detailed information page
No Changes to Empire Life GMWBPosted in Empire Life, GMWB · · (permalink)
As you are aware, there have been a number of changes recently announced in the GMWB market place. At this time Empire life is not planning on making any changes, only enhancements in 2012. Empire is comfortable with the current Class Plus product offering because of the following key points:
- The conservative nature of our internally managed product differentiates us from others in the market place.
- Our timing into the GMWB marketplace was favourable.
- Our business mix of traditional segregated funds and GMWB is more heavily weighted towards traditional segregated fund assets then many of our competitors.
Empire Life Level COI ChangePosted in Empire Life, Software · · (permalink)
Empire Life will be making changes to the following permanent plans. These changes will take effect February 21, 2012.
Solution 100 and 20 Pay Solution
- New rate increase
Trilogy and Trilogy Plus
- Rate increase will be introduced for level COI only
- Withdrawal of the Level Plus Return of Premium sum insured option
- No change to the 10 and 20 year minimum rate guarantee
Increase to Joint Last to Die Single Equivalent Age (SEA) calculations
- Age calculation will increase the SEA on JLTD plans be either 1 or 2 years.
Impact of Rate Increase
- Solution 100 7.9%
- 20 Pay Solution 14.0%
- Trilogy Level COI 8.3%
- Applications received in Head office after February 21, 2012 will be set up using the new plan rates and structures.
- All Pending “in the mill” business that is in Head Office on February 21,2012 will be eligible for the existing plan/rate structures. These cases MUST be settled by April 30, 2012
Empire Life Level COI Rate IncreasePosted in Empire Life · · (permalink)
Empire Life has introduced new level cost of insurance rates for Trilogy and Trilogy Plus. These changes have been in effect since after September 30, 2011.
This change will only impact the level cost of insurance option. The overall rate increase target was 3.5%, but our goal included reducing the variance of our competitive rank based on sex, age and smoker status.